Sunday, March 14, 2010

I need a break

I've been studying now for about four hours. My eyeballs hurt. I have a cramp in my neck--you know, from laying on my bed while I study--and I still have over fifty pages left to read. It sucks being such a procrastinator!

I officially hate Medical-Surgical Nursing, too. The chapters are way too long, and the material couldn't be any more boring. I don't know who wrote this book...well, wait a minute, yeah I do. The author's name is on the cover; but nonetheless, I'm pissed that I have to study during my spring break. Granted, it is cold as heck outside, and I don't plan on going to the beach for another two days, but still. It's the principle of the matter. We get breaks so that we don't have to study, duh! Can I get an amen!?

I've also decided I'm done with school. Seriously, after I graduate--for the second time, mind you--there is no more school in my future. This is it! Nursing it is.

You see, before I started nursing school, I thought it would be cool to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesist). They make really good money; and the job market is great. And, get this, the program is only two years. So, that plan was: I would do nursing school, which, for me, is only two years since I'd already completed my prerequisites (remember, I have another degree), and then I'd start the CRNA program. Hey, it was gonna be a piece of cake, right? Wrong!

It was a rude awakening--to say the least. And the thing is, it's not that nursing school is tough; the problem really is that I've lost all drive and ambition. Apathetic is the word. Four years ago, I would've been so gung-ho about the whole thing; but today, things are way different. For one thing, I'm older, which means I ready to grow up. I'm ready to have my own, experience life, make some money, and--most importantly--get the hell out of my parents' house.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my education and I'm all for higher learning. But, at some point, you have to stop being a student. I've definitely reached that point. I'm ready to grow the F up. The most frustrating part is, however, I still have three more semesters to go. Damn! Pray that I don't drop out.

Time for more studying. (Stupid Med-Surg!)

No comments:

Post a Comment